Sustainability has become a buzz word and for all the right reasons. So is biomass wood fuel sustainable?
Protecting our supply of natural resources and how they contribute to climate change and ecological damage is key to making sure our planet survives into the future. In modern life, we’ve come to rely on fuel for power, warmth and even for generating some forms of electricity.
Fossil fuels such as oil, coal and gas are renowned for the damage they cause to the atmosphere and other various irresponsible pollution that goes hand in hand with mining them and transporting them. Oil spills into the ocean are far too frequent and wreak havoc on an environment and very often, an economy.
Are There Enough Regulations Around Sustainability?
- Effective protection of the environment
- Prudent use of natural resources
- Maintenance of high and stable levels of economic growth and employment
- Social progress which meets the needs of everyone
By covering these key areas, the government is looking encourage the use of sustainable homegrown fuels, rather than expensive imported fossil fuels such as oil and gas which are of no discernible benefit to the local economy in the long term. The government also operates the Renewable Heat Incentive for domestic properties, which could earn you back some money over four quarterly periods, should you and your home be eligible.
How is Biomass wood fuel resourced sustainably?
- Woodlands are managed responsibly which also adds to the economy by creating jobs, especially in rural areas
- Less Carbon Dioxide is released into the air when compared to burning fossil fuels
- Reduces the impact of climate change
- Much less energy is used in transportation and less damage is done through this transportation
So, yes, Biomass fuel is not only sustainable but a responsible way to obtain fuel without causing the same environmental damage as fossil fuels do. Coal and oil are the worst offenders when it comes to fossil fuels, but with the advent of fracking, natural gas is working its way up the list when it comes to environmental and ecological damage.
At Woodyfuel we take care to ensure all our biomass wood fuels are resourced from locally sustainable sources, and this also means we’re able to offer competitive rates. Being a green energy supplier we understand how important your fuel source is whether it’s for your home or business. Woodyfuel are pleased to be included on the registered list of biomass wood fuel suppliers as we understand the importance of working to continually sustain the environment whilst providing the highest quality products.