➡️ Salary: £12.50 p/h
➡️ Job type: Full-time, permanent
➡️ Number of positions for this role: 1
Site Manager: Full Job Description
Reporting directly to the company director, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the overall fuel handling duties to include screening, sorting and blending in a safe and reliable manner.
All health, safety, OEM and industry recognised best practice guidelines must be followed and adhered to at all times.
You will be responsible for the smooth operation of the depot and support in liaising with all deliveries on and off site and ensure that all scheduled fuel deliveries and collections are carried out with reliability and efficiency.
Your hours will generally be fixed but there is some expectation to work a flexible manner in order to meet the demands of the business and to maintain fuel handling capability in line with the scheduled deliveries and collections. You will be expected to provide front line operational and maintenance support as required and to carry out other such responsibilities and duties commensurate with the position as required by the company.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, you will also be expected to undertake the following:
- Carry out day to day duties, including, but not limited to, routine vehicle pre-use checks, fuel handling to include screening, sorting and blending, depot inspections and ensure all on-site traffic management and weighbridge systems are operational.
- Undertake all required loading and unloading activities for general site deliveries, including fuel material and all depot deliveries
- Carry out periodic checking of the fuel quality delivered to site to ensure it remains within specification
- Undertake a monthly audit/stock take of the fuel held on site.
- Provide operational support to the operations and maintenance teams to maximise depot performance and safety, particularly with regards general defect rectification, planned and first line reactive maintenance and fault finding.
- Operate the site weighbridge to accurately record all deliveries to site.
- Record all fuel handling defects.
- Adhere to health, safety and environmental management policies.
- Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy.
- Carrying out responsibilities as authorised and as defined within the companies safety rules and associated procedures.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Operational/Maintenance experience is preferred.
- A good understanding of HSE aspects is preferable.
- Experience and qualifications in the use of Reach FLT/Front Loader/screening/blending and vehicle loading is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of biomass plant maintenance activity is preferred.
- Good verbal/written communication skills in English.
- Experience in the use of traffic management and weigh bridge facilities would be beneficial but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and committed attitude.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Self-motivated, flexible individual with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills.
The individual should be highly customer focused, possess strong ethical and moral standards and be willing to assume significant personal accountability.
Key Characteristics of the successful candidate
- The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility during dynamic situations.
- Completer/Finisher able to deliver results on schedule.
- Affable and flexible personality.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong work ethic
Please note that previous experience in operating mobile plant (Loading Shovel and Reach Fork Lift Truck) is desirable for this position.
Expected start date: ASAP
✅ Company pension
✅ On-site parking at either Alnwick or Cramlington depot
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Potential Saturday Rota
Mobile Plant Certification (preferred)
For more information, please contact:
Mr Kris Grey
Mobile 03333 447234
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies.